Grievance Redressal Cell:
The Committee aims at being a link between students, teachers and College administration. It is established to create a healthy and safe atmosphere for students of this esteemed College. We actively seek to address issues on student front. We acknowledge that in College there may be situations where individual student or group of students may have concern about the behavior of others or the decisions of others or may have suggestions. Therefore our committee promotes timely and transparent resolution of these issues/ suggestions in a confidential manner. Grievance is any type of problem, concern, dispute or complaint or suggestion (s) related to academics or the environment, in the college premises. We work on principles including confidentiality, impartiality, sensitivity and timely and appropriate action.
- The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute. A Grievance Cell should be constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Chamber in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Installing Notice Boards in the campus to remind students of their responsibility.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
- The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to classes and timetables, timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, canteen, classrooms, victimization by teachers if any etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the policy of the college.
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
PROCEDURE FOR LODGING COMPLAINT:
The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing and present it directly to any of the committee members or drop it in the suggestion box.
The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
LIST OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS (2018-2020):
- M. Dewashi (Chairman)
- Sukanya Ray (Convener)